The Kerala Govt: transport agency known as Kerala State Road Transport Corporation operates buses from Kottayam,Chengannur ,Tiruvalla railway stations .The buses will operate till Pamba.
Following are a few routes that could be adopted by devotees:
Mannarakulanji, Vadasserikkara, Perunadu, Plappally, Nilakkal,
Chalakkayam, Pamba. Distance: 69 km.
There are two routes:
- Ayoor,Punalur, Pthanmathitta and Pamba. Distance: 184 km.
- Kottarakkara, Adoor, Pathanmthitta. Distance: 179 km.
There are two routes to reach Pamaba from Chenganoor, the nearest railway
station to Sabarimala:
- Chenganoor-Aranmula-thekkemala-Pathanamthitta-Pamba. Distance: 93 km
- Chenganoor-Aranmula-Ranni Blockupadi-Vadasserikkara-Pamba. Distance:88km.
FROM KOTTAYAM: There are several routes to Pamba from Kottayam, one of the main transit points
in the pilgrimage. The important five routes are the
Blockupadi-Vadasserikkara-Pamba. Distance: 119 km.
Perunadu-Pamba. Distance: 105 km.
nadu-Pamba. Distance: 104 km.
Distance: 100 km.
Distance: 90 km. This is one of the easiest routes to reach Pamba.
FROM ERUMELY: There are four routes to Pamba from Erumely.
- ERumely-Karinkallum Moozhy-Thulappally-PLappally-Pamba.
Distance: 56 km.
Resort to this route only if you are coming by a light vehicle as the road is narrow and there are several
- .Erumely-Mukkada-Athikkayam-Perunadu-Pamba. Distance: 64km.
- Erumely-Vechuchira-Athikkayam-Perunadu-Pamba. Distance: 57 km.
FROM PANDALAM: There are two routes to reach Pamba from Pandalam, the seat of royal family
who adopted Lord Ayyappa. The devotee can see the thiruvabharanam, the set of ornaments of the lord,
exhibited at the Pandalam palace.
Distance: 84 km.
Distance: 84 km.
FROM NORTH KERALA: Devotees from northern part of Kerala can reach Pamba without touching
Kottayam. the main routes are:
Perunadu-Pamba. Distance: 146 km.
- Through the same route one can also reach Ranny and then
Vadasserikkara-Pamba. Distance: 153 km.
Distance: 170 km.
FROM TAMIL NADU: The two main routes are:
- Chengottai-Punalur-Pathanthitta-Pamba. Distance: 170 km.
- Kumily-Vandiperiyar-Erumely-Plappally-Pamba. Distance: 180 km.